Monday, July 11, 2016

20th Birthday--A Cake and Some disappointment

So first things first, thanks for all of those who wished me a happy birthday! I means a lot and thanks for the loving support each week!

But I have been here for my first six months and it is time to head out. I got my call Saturday and I am going to the Deschutes River Ward in the Lacey stake! From what it sounds like there are a lot of trees, but they have had some success and we will be going to the Portland temple with a recent convert there so I am excited.

Well on to the less happy part of the week. This week has been the most stressful week of my life. We tried to set up a baptism. It was so stressful, because it was going to happen a few days later when the girl accepted to be baptized. Our bishop was against it a little, but finally agreed to a baptism on sunday night. Saturday we went over and had her interview. She passed fine she knows it all really well and wants to be baptized. We had to come back later to get her info and parents permission. We go over there and the dad is there and the wife hadn't told him about the baptism like she said she had. So he didnt want it to happen. So no more baptism, there is a lot more to the story but I dont want to get into it again.

​trying to burn our ties for 6 months, didnt work.


​coker baked me a red velvet cake I bought on monday


​Pre tism mirror selfie with elder Theobald from St. George(we get a long)


​eating cake sunday night at a small end of transfer party a ward mission leader from another ward throws at the end of every transfer.

that's pretty much it, next time you hear from me I will be out of my first area!!!! so weird to finally be leaving. love you all

--
Elder Lund

No comments:

Post a Comment