Tuesday, March 1, 2016

He Looks Like a Baller...

Ice Cream after Stake Conference--Always a Good Thing!

Another Elder and his Investment Ideas

The Sound and a Bridge
Hey all,

This week has been good, we are teaching a few kids who can for sure be baptized if their parents are able to work with us. We had stake conference again, and one of the senior couples bought us all ice cream for afterwards. Very good. 

Had a fun Pday this week. Decided to go down to the Sound and skip rocks... also Elder Alhert went through some investment plans he made during "decomp" time at the end of the day.

Funny story. We all play basketball in our zone. It was brought up that the first time Elder Turley saw me he thought I was a baller... for those who know me... I am not. Anyways we were playing in a game and the ball got passed to me, it was above my head, so I jumped and caught it, then while still in the air I made the layup. Elder Alhert yelled " wait he can ball!!" I thought that was funny.

Cool/Spiritual story... we had a lesson with a native american woman. We talked about God and she said she believes in a "creator." My comp and I both thought of Alam 18 when Ammon teaches King Lamoni. We read that chapter with her and she thought it was very interesting that her ancestors were in the Book of Mormon. She also agreed to say a kneeling prayer. The spirit was super strong... Biking away I told Turley... We just fulfilled prophecy... Mormon chapter 7-8 ;)

Anyways good week... Both Turley and I are staying here for this next transfer. He will be here for 6 months. Crazy.

Love you all, good luck

No comments:

Post a Comment