Tuesday, June 7, 2016

Back to the Bike






So it feels weird to say I have been out for 5 months. I don't know if it should be more or less. But oh well. 

This week was pretty much knocking on doors all day all week. Most of our investigators dont want to meet with us at specific times so we kinda just have to meet with them when we have seen them in the past. Our investigator Paul has a set time to meet with us this week though. It has been two weeks since we have seen him last. Hopefully it will go well.

I know I can't complain too much about the heat here in Washington, but it was hot this weekend and we were out all day on our bikes (oh yeah our car got taken away from us..."The Lord giveth, and the Lord taketh away") and so we got burnt pretty bad. Thankfully some nice people gave us waters and let us kinda chill for a second in their houses. I saw that Golden State is up ("If you cant avoid it, enjoy it" - President Weaver, old WaTac).

So allergies with the heat is not a good mix. Elder Jocelyn took some medicine and then took an Excedrin from a headache he was getting from sneezing too much. Those did not mix well and we had to spend from 4 on inside the house. He took a nap and woke up in the middle and started talking to me about purple jelly beans and rainbows. I thought it was a little random because I thought he was coherent at that point. He took another nap and when I asked him about it, he said he didn't member. kinda funny, but kinda sad because we couldn't do any work.

Well I remembered my scripture of the week. Alma 37:37. It is Alma talking to his son Helaman. he tells him to counsel with the Lord, and that by doing so the Lord would watch over him. I shared that with a lot of members this week because I really like it.

I might add more when I send the pictures from the week, but for now that's it. 

love you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment